How’s your day going? Still tired after the weekend? Maybe you’re a little under the weather or just want to relax and unwind. Would you be interested in changing your mood if was as easy as lighting a candle? Well it is that easy!
Let’s talk about Aromatherapy. What is it and how does it work? Aromatherapy is a natural way of influencing your state of mind by breathing in the fragrances of different natural materials. How it works is simple. As you breathe in the fragrance it triggers the part of the brain that controls our moods, our memories and our ability to learn. This area is called the Limbic System and when stimulated it releases endorphins, neurotransmitters and other chemicals that have psychological benefits. That is the dynamic benefit of aromatherapy it not only helps with the physical imbalance of the body – it also has a very positive influence on our emotions and memories. A body that is less stressful is healthier and our emotional state of mind is a large part of how we feel.
So what kinds of scents are available in Aromatherapy candles and what kind of benefits do they produce? Here is a sample list:
• Basil – Increases energy & concentration/Fights fatigue
• Chamomile – Soothing effect on mind & body/Stress relief
• Eucalyptus – Energizing/Helps fight cold, sinus, headache
• Lavender – Relaxation/Stress & anxiety relief
• Peppermint – Increases energy & concentration/Lowers stress
• Rose – Promotes peace & security/Enhance romance
• Sandalwood – Calmness, security, happiness
• Ylang Ylang – Relaxation/Lowers energy level – good for the end of the day
So if your day isn’t going quite the way you planned – relax – and find the appropriate Aromatherapy Candle scent you need, light it and take a deep breath!
Here’s to a better day!